Android Native Fingerprint and Chrome Browser
This section walks you through the steps required to experience passwordless authentication with the Nok Nok banking demo application on an Android phone.
- Go to https://demo.noknok.com/banking/ using a Chrome browser.
- Enter a unique Username (your email address works well) and click Next.
- For Password, enter "noknok" and click Sign In.
- Click the drop down menu in the upper left of your screen and select Settings.
Settings shows your information for Passwordless Sign In and Second Factor Sign In.
- Select Passwordless Sign In.
- Let's create a FIDO registration with the native fingerprint on the Android device by selecting Setup.
- Click on “Get Started” and Choose “Use Security Key with Fingerprint”
- Swipe your fingerprint when prompted to complete the registration.
- You can see that the registration is successful by checking the list of Registrations on the Settings screen. A Generic FIDO2 Authenticator should be listed.
- Now let's sign out and try passwordless authentication.
Click the drop down menu in the upper left of your screen and click Sign Out.
- At the sign in screen, ensure your username is present and click Next.
- Swipe your fingerprint when prompted and you are signed in to your account.
- At this point you have demonstrated creating a FIDO2 registration and using it to authenticate without a password.
- Try more functions in the demo. For example:
- The Account Recovery feature.
- On the Pay a Friend screen, notice that sending a large payment to your contact Pat Johnson may require more authentication. First try sending $100, then send $1000. Notice that transactions greater than $501 have a different policy that requires an additional authentication.
- Click Open New Account on the sign in screen. This will walk you through creating an account and setting up authentications and recovery methods without ever using a password.
- On the Settings screen, create a second factor authentication by selecting Second Factor Sign In from the drop down menu and clicking Setup or Setup with QR Code. Second factor works by first requiring a username and password and then a second authentication that you've set up. Note that it's easiest to try this by first removing any existing registrations before creating a second factor authentication.